St.Vincent Kokomo offers a variety of childbirth preparation classes for the
expectant family. Most classes are free or charge a nominal fee and are
taught by an obstetrical registered nurse.
For more information or to
register, call (765) 456-5000.
Designed to help get the word out about the benefits of breastfeeding for both mom and baby.
A series of four classes.
Class No. 1 - Preparation for Labor
- Anatomy of labor
- Pregnancy danger signs
- Importance of routine prenatal care
- Basic breathing techniques
- Relaxation techniques
Class No. 2 - Labor
- Definition of labor
- Stages and phases of labor
- Signs of true and false labor
- Comfort strategies
- Roles of the partners
- Breathing techniques
Class No. 3 - Hospital Management
- Routine labor and delivery
- Hospital procedures for delivery
- Pain management
- Visiting hours
- Review breathing and relaxation
Class No. 4 - Bootcamp for Dad & Infant Feeding Basics for Mom
- Bootcamp is for dads only; taught by a male facilitator and veteran
dad with their new babies; discusses what it will be like to forge a new
- Infant feeding is for moms only; discusses feeding options for babies
Designed to teach you what to do in case of an emergency. Learn the proper procedures for administering CPR to an infant.
This one-session course provides a review of new trends, changes and
techniques in prenatal care for veteran parents.
Helps brothers and sisters prepare for a new baby's arrival. A
fun-filled hour that includes discussions on what mommy and daddy will
be doing when they come to the hospital. We will visit the Family
Childbearing Center so brothers and sisters can see where baby will be
born. This class is essential for helping young children feel involved
in the childbirth process.