Our Cancer Center features state-of-the-art equipment that provides patients with the most effective treatment options.
- Varian 2100C Linear Accelerator with dual energy photons and multiple electron energies to deliver daily treatments
- Varian Ximatron Simulator: To prepare patients for daily treatments
- CMS 3-D Treatment Planning Computer: To precisely pinpoint radiation
and minimize damage to surrounding healthy tissue IMPAC Record and
- High Dose Rae (HDR) Brachytherapy: For treating lung, esophagus and certain other cancers
- Novalis Stereotactic Radiosurgery: Used to treat brain, liver, lung, and prostate tumors
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT): A high-precision
radiotherapy that delivers precise radiation doses to a malignant tumor.
- Imaged Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT): A system for localizing the
prostate daily, using seeds placed in the prostate by the urologist
- Remicade: A powerful drug used to treat auto-immune
disorders like Crohn's disease and rheumatoid arthritis; prescribed by
the rheumatologist at the St.Joseph Hospital Cancer Center.
- Iron: Dispensed through an IV; utilized for iron-deficiency anemia
- Tysabri: Part of a class of drugs called monoclonal
antibodies. The drug is designed for the treatment of Multiple
Sclerosis by altering the immune function; prescribed by the neurologist
- IVIG: Used for various primary and secondary immune deficiencies and modulation; prescribed by the neurologist
- Portacath Flushes
- Aranesp Injections: For those with low blood counts
- IV Hydration
- IV Boniva: Used to treat post-menopausal osteoporosis
- IV Reclast: Coming soon for osteoporosis