Here are some guidelines for visitors who are visiting a mom and new baby, (i.e. dad, grandparents, siblings, etc.):
- St.Joseph has open visitation hours.
- Stop at the main desk to obtain patient room number. Have the
patient’s first and last name available when asking for the room number.
- If you or a family member is sick, please do not come to the hospital to visit mom and baby.
- No children under 14 are allowed in the nursery (siblings are allowed with a parent).
- No children under 12 are allowed to stay the night with mom.
- Do not leave children unattended in the family lounge.
- Please be courteous to other patients. Deliveries occur during all hours of the day and night.
- Wash hands before touching baby.
- There is an extra bed in the room for one person to stay overnight with mom.
- Phone calls to patient rooms are allowed from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Staff cannot give patient information out over the phone.
- Be courteous to breastfeeding moms. (i.e., Do we need to step out so you can nurse your baby?)
- Let mom get plenty of rest. Try to get together with other family members and plan short group trips.
- A family lounge is available with full kitchenette, television, Internet access, couch and recliners.
- Gift Shop hours:
Monday–Friday 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 1–5 p.m.
- Directions to vending machines and ATM on the first floor.
- Staff is always available to answer questions or listen to recommendations on how we might improve our facilities.