Compression therapy is sustained, graduated pressure that will
improve circulation of blood and the flow of lymphatic fluid between the
body and blood stream.
Compression therapy benefits women who have:
- Edema – swelling caused by fluid retention that is most common in the hands, arms, ankles, legs and feet.
- Lymphedema – Swelling caused by abnormal accumulation of lymph fluid. Surgical
removal of lymph nodes, trauma or a congenital defect can interfere with
lymphatic systems, causing fluids to pool in your arms and legs.
- Fatigued legs – tired, achy and heavy-feeling legs that may also include slight swelling in the feet and ankles.
- Vascular conditions – typically caused by damaged vein valves
located in the ankle that result in fluid retention and cause venous
edema. The most common vascular conditions include chronic edema, venous
insufficiency and venous stasis ulcerations.
- Vericose veins – twisted, enlarged veins near the surface of the
skin. Vericose veins are caused by weakened valves and veins in your
legs and are most common in the legs and ankles.
Our staff at the Women’s Health Boutique can help as you return to
your active lifestyle. Our health specialists include certified fitters
in compression therapy. They will help you find the right products for
your unique circumstances.
Our compression therapy products include:
- Custom compression hosiery: Fashion, maternity, surgical, custom measured
- Lymphedema sleeves
- Compression garments and supports
Many products within the boutique are covered by Medicare and other
insurance companies. For certain products, a prescription may be
required for insurance coverage. Our professionals will determine your
insurance benefits and file your claim for you.