The patient with diabetes can eat the same thing as other family members do! The key to controlling blood sugars is controlling carbohydrate portions. Through scientific research, it was determined it was the amount of carbohydrates, not the type, that raised blood sugars.
We can help develop an individual program that best fits your lifestyle. We offer diabetes education services for individuals (adults/children) with diabetes and their families.
Individual classes help participants learn how to control and manage diabetes.
Education Program Details
Our self-management training program allows patients to:
- Receive components of healthy meal planning and effects of food on blood sugar
- Be educated with information on fats, sodium, and fiber
- Get information on lipids, cholesterol, and triglycerides
- Learn how to reduce long-term complications of diabetes through self-management
- Learn medication management and what to do on "sick days"
Additional benefits of our program include:
- Physical activity
- Foot/skin care
- Stress management
- Goal setting
Take Control of Your Diabetes Today!
Ask your healthcare provider for more information or contact the Dunn Diabetes Care Center at (812) 276-1288.