At St.Vincent Cancer Care, our approach to cancer care is
multidisciplinary and holistic. We approach the disease with
state-of-the-art treatments from every cancer specialty, combined with
nutritional, physical, psychological and spiritual therapies to benefit
the whole person.
Our team of expert caregivers works closely with each patient to
determine the most effective course of treatment for your particular
cancer. We also offer access to active clinical trials.
Your doctor may refer you to one of our board-certified,
fellowship-trained cancer specialists, or you may ask for a referral.
Specialists who treat cancer include surgeons, medical oncologists,
hematologists, radiation oncologists and oncology certified pharmacists,
nurses, dieticians, social workers, physicists and dosimetrists (person
responsible for dose calculations of radiation).
Meet our team of expert and compassionate caregivers here.
First Steps for the Newly Diagnosed
- Select the members of your cancer care team
- Work with your team to gather the information needed to make informed decisions
- Decide on an initial treatment plan
- Learn what you need to know about your insurance policy (or where to go for help if you are underinsured or uninsured)
- Identify and ask for the help and support you'll need
- Tell people about your diagnosis
© National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship. More information at (877) NCCS-YES or www.canceradvocacy.org/toolbox.