St. Vincent Indianapolis provides a range of both pre- and post-death bereavement interventions to assist patient families as well as the broader community through the St. Vincent Stress Center, St. Vincent Hospice, the Oncology Department, Women’s Hospital and others.
- “Journeys Through Grief” adult grief support group series (various days and times of day, ongoing)
- “A Daughter’s Grief” support group (quarterly)
- “Safe Haven” support group for grieving parents (ongoing)
- “Widow/Widower” support group for those grieving the death of a spouse (ongoing)
- “Grief and the Holidays” annual seminar (November)
- “Lunch Bunch” socialization group, local host for annual HFA teleconference and quarterly hospice memorial services.
Perinatal Hospice Program
The Perinatal Hospice program offers support to families during, at and following the birth and death of their baby with fatal anomalies. This program provides an investigative means to hopefully discover the cause of a family’s stillbirth or neonatal death and provides these families supportive care during their grief journey.
For more information call 317-338-4008.
Resolve Through Sharing
The Resolve Through Sharing program assists families with their grief journey by providing ongoing emotional and spiritual support through telephone contact, literature, counseling and support group meetings.